[Bristol-Birds] Birds At Panther Creek State Park No Bald Eagles.

  • From: "Shane Adams" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:09:05 -0400

Birders:( Birds at Panther Creek State Park / No Bald Eagles )

Today on June 4, 2009 while Shane and Dennis Adams was at the Hamblen County
Genealogical Society Meeting picnic at Panther Creek State Park on the west end
of Hamblen County, We saw and heard a Yellow Bellied Cuckoo, we also saw Common
Grackles, Shane saw a Great Blue Heron & Great White Egret flying near the
islands in the middle of the Cherokee Lake north of the Park, A Scarlet Tanager
flew right passed me going towards the woods and the viewing area looking at
the lake. We did not see the Bald Eagle or its nest while we was at the Panther
Creek State Park, We will keep looking and I will give the birdwatchers and
update when I find the Bald Eagles nest in or around the park.

Shane Adams
East Hamblen County