[Bristol-Birds] Beginners' Bird Walk

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:31:37 EDT

Saturday's Beginner Bird Walk will begin at 9 a.m. at the far end of American
Way in Kingsport.  American Way runs off of Stone Drive (11W), just west of
John B. Dennis Highway (93).  Heading west on Stone Drive, it is a left turn
and heading east on Stone Drive it is a right turn just before the southbound
exit on to the John B. Dennis Highway.  Drive to the end of American Way (short
distance) and park in the parking lot on the left at the end of the road.
The trail is only a few yards away and runs along the side of Reedy Creek in a
narrow mixed woodland.  Night heron nests are in the trees above the creek and
the woods have a good mix of song birds.  We will focus on bird identification
and habits.  Bring binoculars and bird book if you have them.  I will have a
telescope and some books.   We will finish by 11 a.m.
John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport, Sullivan County

New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.
net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)