[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagles, Black Terns, Shore Birds--Sullivan Cty.

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:24:28 -0400

I spent the morning birding Austin Springs and Sullivan Cty. water areas. Summary:

Austin Springs--I met up with Brookie and Jean Potter and Rick Knight here. We went our separate ways from Hyder Hill Rd.
Wood Duck          2
D. C Cormorant     1
Great Blue Heron   1
Kingfisher         2
Also, a large OTTER on Hyder Hill road. Its hind quarters seemed to be hurt--it crossed the road --back and forth twice--at the first curve by the river. It was agile enough, though, to hurry off the road when a pick-up came down the hill into the curve.

Paddle Creek
Killdeer           7
Green Heron        1

S. Holston Lake Dam Overlook