[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagles

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:19:12 -0500

Yesterday (12/23) around 2:30 pm, a friend called to tell me that he was
watching an adult Bald Eagle sitting in a Sycamore Tree along the N. Fork
Holston River on Warm Springs Road (this just downstream of the Weber City
area) in Scott County, VA. About an hour later, he called again to report
he was watching a pair of adults perched across the river from the previous
site.

This morning (12/24) around 9 am. I observed an adult Bald Eagle in flight
being chased by crows along Netherland Inn Road near the Ridgefields Bridge
in Kingsport. Couldn't stop in traffic and by the time I got turned around
and went back to look for the bird I couldn't relocate.

--
Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee