[Bristol-Birds] BBC Saturday Birding Trip

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:56:01 -0400

The Bristol Bird Club field trip to Smyth and Grayson Counties in Virginia will
get underway from the ETSU Center Bristol at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
We have three 4-wheel drives that can take a total of 12 or 13 persons,
including drivers and all passengers.  We may still have one or more vehicles
coming.

Since we don't know the absolutel passenger and vehicle logistics,  we will
make the call in the morning after we all get together on exactly what route we
will take.

We will take the route that Ron Harrington posted in his message a couple of
days ago and, if the transportation is available, we will alter some of that
and make the side trip to the "Scales" up the 'Possum Creek jeep trail to the
high country near Pine Mountain near Mount Rogers.

Let's hope still one or two more 4-wheels and maybe we will be able to pull off
the 4-wheeling jeep briding trial to the top.

See you all in the morning......follow Ron's instructions for the various
meeting sites, etc. from his posting a couple of days ago.

Let's go birding.....