[Bristol-Birds] BBC Owl Prowl

  • From: "Larry McDaniel" <localcolors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:46:56 -0400

There is a Bristol Bird Club Owl Prowl this evening, Saturday, 5/28 starting at
5:30 PM. We will meet at the Theatre Bldg. at the V.A. in Johnson City to look
for Barn Owls. I will be there regardless of the weather. We may however,
cancel the rest of the field trip if the weather is too bad. You can call my
cell phone (773-9234) for more information or updates.
If we continue from there we will go to the Arby's on Hwy 19E in Elizabethton
at 6:30 for dinner. We will leave there at 7 and stop at the Visitor Center at
Roan Mountain State Park at 7:30 where we will resume owling/birding. You can
join the group at any of these places.

Next we will head up to Carvers Gap to listen and look for Northern Saw-whet
Owls. Bring a jacket and expect wet shoes. Time permitting we will stop at
various places on the way back to try for Screech, Barred and Great Horned Owls.
Everyone is welcome.

Larry McDaniel