[Bristol-Birds] American Goldfinch plumage

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:58:23 -0400

I was taking video of a bunch (and I do mean a bunch, hundreds) of American
Goldfinches today when I noticed one in a plumage I didn't quite recognize.  It
may just be a molting female, but it look's awfully yellow.  Could it be a male
that doesn't have a black cap?  Take a look and see what you think.  Here is
the link: http://webpages.charter.net/mtnsunfish/video/. Right click and save
the file amgf001.wmv. It's a windows media video file.  File size is about 650K
(very small). If you can't see it at this 320 x 240 size, just double the zoom
setting in your media player to 200%.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee