[Bristol-Birds] 3rd annual autumn Burke's Garden field trip

  • From: "Richard Knight" <rknight8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:33:11 -0400

The Bristol Bird Club has scheduled its 3rd annual autumn Burke's Garden
field trip for Saturday, Nov. 12.   Mark your calendar.

We will meet at & depart from the Hardee's in Tazewell, VA, at 9:00 am.
If you wish to eat breakfast there, plan to arrive a bit earlier.

The autumn field trip to Burke's Garden was modeled after the BBC's
very successful Feb. trips.

We hope to see Rough-legged Hawk & Golden Eagle.  Also possible
are:  Bald Eagle (including nest site), other raptors, ducks, Red-headed
Woodpecker, Loggerhead Shrike, Horned Lark, & Fox Squirrel.
Who knows what else we might see?

We will eat lunch at the small country store in the valley, or bring your own.
Dress for the weather.  It is usually cooler there than in the Tri-cities.

Come join us.

Rick Knight