[BNU] Re: a blast from the past: the PK

  • From: Devin Prater <d.prater@xxxxxx>
  • To: "alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 19:31:37 -0500

Try pressing space with er.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 30, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, all,
Yes, I’m still using my beloved PK with some ancient version of KeySoft, but
for my purposes, it serves me very, very well. I still love its compact size.
I must admit, I’ve used ait a lot less in recent times, and now, I’d like to
read books in the book reader with the speech feature and follow along on the
Braille display. Somewhere in the manual, it says something about speech
supplements the Braille display, but as the book is read in speech, the
Braille display does not move to keep up with what is being read aloud. Is
there some way to get this to happen?
In the thrill of having so many books available now through BARD, audible,
and the like, I’ve let my Braille get a little rusty, and I’d like to change
that.
Help, anyone?
Thanks.
Alice, a sort of BrailleNote luddite!