[BNU] Apex as a braille display: can anyone using Windows 10 try using Apex as a USB braille display with your screen readers?

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:43:12 -0800

Hi all,

For those who have Windows 10 on your computer, can you try using Apex as a
USB braille display with your screen reader such as JAWS, Window-Eyes and
NVDA? I just tried it with NVDA and it appears the USB driver wasn't
properly installed, as NVDA's braille settings does not show a list of
connection ports (it does when at least USB driver is properly installed). I
do plan to dig into NVDA's source code to find out what's up (I'm
responsible for BrailleNote support in NVDA these days), but in the
meantime, can someone using Windows 10 try using your Apex as a USB braille
display? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph