[brailleblaster] Re: so Sina...

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:08:21 -0600

I guess I'm missing something in your answer.  On the one hand you say I
can't initialize List<String> list with an array without a loop, (I can
handle that), but then you say

> You can feed that array to various lists which will > take an array, and
> then you'll have it as a list.

Are you saying that there is a feed method in class ArrayList that will take
the whole arg list array?
Or are you saying I can pass an ArrayList<String as an arg that takes an
array, or args to something that takes an ArrayList<String>? (Obviously the
last does not work.)

The point is that I have a method in Process or ProcessBuilder (I don't
remember which) that takes a List<String>, so I am naturally assuming that
that is easier to come by.

Oh, heck, I may just post the files without testing, but I figured it would
save someone else a little pain if I got them to work.

Anyone who wants to enlighten my misunderstanding of java please comment.
Thanx.
--le