[brailleblaster] Re: problem install m2eclipse

  • From: "yuemei.sun" <yuemei.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:39:49 -0700

Thanks, Michael. I did use "Help"->"Install New Software", but did not find the plugin there. I typed in the m2eclipse website:http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e/, and the "Maven Integeration for Eclipse (Required)" package did show up in thedialog. But when I clicked next to install, I got the error message of "missing ... emf.ecore 0.0.0.".

I went to the EMF update site and installed the update zip file (EMF runtime,ZIP 2.6), and still got the error message.

Thanks,

Yuemei
On 8/1/2010 10:10 AM, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I have been away for the weekend so only just catching up with messages.

The short answer is you don't need any specific distribution of eclipse, all plugins can be installed on any distribution (the various distributions are simply the core bundled with some plugins aimed at one use). If you go to the help menu in eclipse and choose the install new software option (I think that's what its called) you should be able to find the plugin there and eclipse can download it for you and install it. Should you not be able to find it then may be there is a specific EMF update site in which case I can try and find the repository you need to add to eclipse.

On 30/07/10 01:09, yuemei.sun wrote:
Hi, I have Helio Eclipse (3.6) and was trying to install Maven for Eclipse, but got the error message about missing "org.eclispe.emf.ecore 0.0.0". It seems that only the Eclipse for Java EE has emf packages. Do I have to have Eclipse for Java EE in order to use maven for eclipse? Anyone has experience with installing maven into eclipse?

Thanks,

Yuemei