[brailleblaster] Re: indows installer available for testing

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:26:08 -0400

John,

The installer worked great. The accessibility was great. The program was
installed successfully.

Here are my comments:

The desktop shortcut was placed in the public desktop folder. I think it
should be placed in the local user's desktop folder.

You were not asked if you wanted start menu shortcuts created. There should
be another checkbox for this on the same screen where you are asked about
the desktop shortcut.

In the start menu folder there is usually a choice for removing the program
and perhaps eventually to some documentation. These could be added very
easily.

You were not asked where you wanted to install the software. This is
standard practice for almost all Windows installers.

As mentioned earlier, the shortcuts refer to the command script and not to
the actual brailleblaster.jar file as they should.

This version wouldn't run for me anyway because it is the 32-bit version and
I need the 64-bit version.

As a side note, the emboss.bat and open.bat files should be removed from the
package before it is made available. These are files I erroneously left in
the package when I created it. They are specific to my system and not for
public release.

The installer looks very good for a first attempt. Thanks.

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic
E-mail: vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx