[brailleblaster] Re: [brailleblaster.newdesign] push by john.bo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Changing Document to DocumentBase because of conflict on 2013-01-11 08:09 GMT

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:10:40 +0000

Hello,
I just tried my changes worked fine, well at least my changes did. It is important not to have the import nu.xom.Document line as then nu.xom.Document will not be mapped into the working namespace and so no name conflict will occur.

I did get a compile error because BBMenu.java on line 425 references getStyleManager() on the DocumentManager class which does not have such a method.

Also I got a deprication warning about Semantics.java using a depricated API, I am using Java7.

Michael Whapples
On 11/01/2013 08:45, John J. Boyer wrote:
Try making your changes. That is what I had in the beginning. You will
get a compile error. I am not changing it back.

John

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 08:19:14AM +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
Was the rename necessary as you would not have had the conflict if you
had made the two following changes:
* removed the line
import nu.xom.Document;
* changed the line
public Document getDocumentTree() {
public nu.xom.Document getDocumentTree() {

I just feel calling it DocumentBase implies some intent for it to be
extended, do you intend this to be extended?