[brailleblaster] Transcriber's Notes, BANA Markup

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:02:20 +0000

Hi all.

I want to post this here so everyone can be thinking about it. I am not sure
that we have the necessary features in BrailleBlaster right now to do this.

BANA and APH guidelines require that block transcribers notes be styled with
the first line indented 6 spaces (first cell at position 7) and subsequent
lines be indented 4 spaces (first cell at position 5). Also, notes of seven
words or less maybe inline. Transcribers notes are also delimited with a cell
consisting of dots 3-6 at the beginning and end of a transcriber's note. Can we
currently do that with styles? Do we need to enhance styles to allow this? I'm
pretty sure we can do the indention, not sure about the delimiters.

Thanks.

Keith