[brailleblaster] The Mac and the Braille Note MPower

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:26:19 -0500

Alex and Keith and anyone else interested

My tech said that macupdate.com was some kind of virus site. She
downloaded and installed machg from jasongear.com. However, it is GUI
only. There is no command line.

We spent considerable time tyring to get the Braille Note and Mac to
connect over Bluetooth. There was a problem getting them to pair, even
when we entered authentication keys. Also, the Apple website does not
list the MPower as a supported device. It does list the Apex and one
other model I can't remember.

We did get some sort of pairing, but the only services listed for the
MacBook were activesync, headset (unsopported) and printer.

Suggestions?