[brailleblaster] Re: The Importance Of Page Numbering

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:41:26 -0600

agreed.  I wasn't saying it wasn't important.  In fact, the print and braille
would have their own independent page numbering, and the value of the print
page number would have to be available for a note in the corresponding braille.
Agreed?
When I said that all word processor functionality would not be implemented in
brailleblaster, I meant only that we are not duplicating MS Word.  The first
release of bb will have a subset.
--le

    From: Alex Jurgensen <ASquared21@xxxxxxxxx>

    Date: November 15, 2010 10:49:57 AM PST

    To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Subject: Re: [brailleblaster] Re: two lists?

    Hi,

    If I understand the issue correctly, page numbering is important. Take for
instance Textbooks, where it is important to know the print page number in
order to follow what the instructor is assigning for homework or the novel
where having the print page numbers helps two friends enjoy reading together.

    Regards,
    Alex,

    On 2010-11-15, at 10:36 AM, qubit wrote:

      ah, this is a good list.
      Some comments:
      1. How about users-brailleblaster to make it easier to search?
      2. These are discussed in the spec written by John Gardener -- all except
      for the features not handled by other translators.  (We should probably
      separate JohnB and JohnB as they are both on this list.)
      3. The page numbering utility is more of a word processing question than
      braille transcription question.  This doesn't mean it shouldn't be
      supported -- a question: how much word processing functionality should we
      put into brailleblaster? I think it would be a good idea to keep the
      implementation abstract enough that things can be added later.
      Thank you for your comments.
      --le