[brailleblaster] Split Screen with StyledText

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 21:46:24 -0500

Perhaps it would be possible to use a single StyledText for the Daisy
and Braille views. The screen would be split,with Daisy on the left and
Braille on the right. Only one of the halves would have focus, and this
is the only one that could be edited. Both the print and braille views
would have things that should not be edited, such as braille page
numbers, page separators, etc. This is similar to limiting editing to
only one half of the screen and should be doable in a similar way.

The advantage to this approach is that we would have only one set of
scrollbars. If we use separate StyledText controls for the two views and
want them to scroll together we will get two sets of scrollbars. The
same goes for using two ScrolledComposite controls.

John B.