[brailleblaster] Re: SWT Browser Contrl

  • From: Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:48:53 -0800

Hi John,

It depends on the platform.

Windows may use IE's or Firefox's web rendering engine, while the Mac will use
Webkit. On Linux you can use Firefox's engine and I think Webkit's rendering
engine as well.

Going back to this, what does everyone think about the idea I mentioned a good
ways back about BB as a web application.

We could also take the approach of building BB as a self-contained web
application, but still include native menu options in the menu bar.

Regards,
Alex,

Alex Jurgensen,
VoiceOver Trainer,