[brailleblaster] Re: Proposal: a new class in views package

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:20:15 +0000

Hi John.

We could do that. I'm sort of leaving it to Brandon and Chuck but what I had in
mind is to just have methods in each view like:

onInitialUpdate

and

onUpdate

Each view is bound to the document and so in these two methods they would just
make whatever calls to the document they needed to initialize and update
themselves.

Since we have several different kinds of views we might also want to define an
interface that each view can implement to handle communication with the
document.

This is much cleaner I think than having something that has to know about each
view and initialize it.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind