[brailleblaster] New procedure for opening files...

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:22:30 +0000

I'd like us to consider a process like this for opening and processing XML:

1. BB opens the file and begins parsing with SAX..
2. BB notifies LibLouisUTDML that we want to begin processing.
3. At points along the way BB sends XML blocks to LibLouisUTDML for processing
which returns the processed XML. This gives BB a chance to clean things up
before LibLouisUTDML gets it.
4. After LibLouisUTDML processes a block, BB parses the block and adds it to
the working DOM or tree.
5. When the XML processing is complete, BB signals LibLouisUTDML that parsing
has ended. This allows it to clear any variables, registers, or allocated
memory.

This work should wait until after June 3 if we do it at all. Let's get what we
have working better first.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind