[brailleblaster] Re: Installer downloading Java

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:48:25 +0100

Yes and those links are for the JRE. For some reason Oracle puts JDK in the path to the JRE download, but check the file names, they are JREs. Also I used copy and paste from the JRE links on the Oracle website.

Note though that those links actually don't work as they require that you have accepted the license for the JRE (probably something like your session when accessing the Oracle website stores that).

Michael Whapples
On 01/10/2012 13:36, Keith Creasy wrote:
Shouldn't we be downloading the JRE and not the JDK?

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind
KCreasy@xxxxxxx