[brailleblaster] Re: GUI and multiple documents

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:24:31 +0100

Sounds like good work. As I mentioned before improving code style will be valuable.

One small point, I noticed in one of your commits related to this you commented out some code, not sure why only commented out and not removed. Possibly would be nice to have a comment saying why (eg. // following code for removal once changes are certain to be correct, or // disabling feature until bug #xxx is solved).

Also for bugs it might be worth using the issue tracker on the googlecode project page, then it should make it simpler to track what bugs there are and what state their in.

Michael Whapples
On 30/07/2012 05:25, François Ouellette wrote:
Hi team, I made good progress in cleaning up the code and improving
the New, Open, Close and Exit menu items handling. Now when you Close
a document the window hides the daisy and braille views and disables
the menu items that allows to close, save, emboss or print documents.
Doing a New or Open will re-activate the daisy and braille views and
menu items. If we have an active document doing New will open a brand
new window with empty views, while doing an Open will also open a
brand new window and prompt for the file to open. This is consistent
with most other editing tools out there, like Word or OpenOffice
Writer. There was lost of superimposed code left by previous
programmers, I guess, so there was duplication of code and some code
in some classes was cancelling other code in children or parent
classes. There is hope! Bear with me. Changes will be pushed later
this week.

François.