[brailleblaster] Re: Chosing usable code.

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:58:28 -0600

Yes, it would be good to take examples from existing sources.
I have also rethought what I posted earlier about design.  First, when I
used the word Display, I wasn't referring to an actually name of a class,
which indeed is already used in eclipse code.  (I actually wondered about
that.)  I just put "Display" there as a place holder.

However, now that I reread the spec, and your comments, the spec appears to
be largely a description of the UI and how to hook into the underlying
functionality.  Hence the underlying class would be accessed by the UI
classes and probably not the other way around.  Hence perhaps Yuemei should
suggest a design for the UI and what types of data and operations it
requires.  The underlying classes will be the DOM and whatever else is
needed to take advantage of John's libraries.

This discussion has been very tentative and I don't see much progress -- and
perhaps I'm partly to blame.  I won't bore you with the excuses.  But I
think there should be something workable in a relatively short time if that
2 year deadline is to be met.  I need to reread at a slightly slower rate
the spec and look at eclipse code or some other code.

Cheers.
--le