[brailleblaster] Re: CharToDots

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:36:17 -0600

Brandon,

I assume you have looked at the Java bindings for charToDots and
dotsToChar. The tableList should be the name of the table you are using.
inbuf is supposed to be an array of bytes containing the low-order 8
bits of characters. This is ASCII Braille. outbuf is supposed to contain
the low-order 8 bits of the dot patterns generated by liblouis. The
problem may be in the contents of your inbug. If you press multiple keys
at once I would guess that the result would be multiple characters, not
a single character that could be converted to a dot pattern.

Hope this helps,
John