[brailleblaster] Re: [Brailleblaster-dev] Windows installers...

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Discusses Braille Blaster Development <brailleblaster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "brailleblaster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:33:43 +0000

Is it an issue for the daily build to not be signed?

Personally I think not as users of that should be more aware of what they are doing (IE. daily builds are not user recommended builds, they are to assist with development).

Michael Whapples
On 19/12/2014 15:20, Keith Creasy wrote:

All.

I apologize for cross posting but wanted to be sure everyone got this…

I have worked out the remaining issues with the automated build except for signing. You may now download the daily build at http://www.aph.org/beta/bb-windows-daily_setup.exe.

This is an unsigned installer. That doesn’t mean it isn’t safe but only that Windows will discourage you from running it.

The signed installer is at http://www.aph.org/beta/bb-windows-beta_setup.exe <http://www.aph.org/beta/bb-windows-beta_setup.exe>. This gets updated with each iteration, currently every two weeks. Since I have found no good way to automatically sign the windows installer I’ll just sign it manually before posting it.

I may update the BrailleBlaster site to point to these files rather than copying them to the site itself.

Thanks.

Keith