[brailleblaster] Re: Block diagram with clarifications

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:16:05 +0000

Well, really, "word processor" is not a very precise term. It just means a
fancy text editor. So, you could just as easily have used a term like "fancy
Braille Editor". People do have certain expectations of a word processor such
as being able to view the document as it will appear when it is printed and
that formats and styles are saved with the document and restored when it is
loaded. There is also the expectation that you mentioned of manipulating the
original/model of the document.

If the term is too ambiguous then we probably shouldn't use it. I thought it
had some illustrative value but maybe not.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind
KCreasy@xxxxxxx