[brailleblaster] Re: Actual support for UTF

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:11:39 +0000

John.

Can the character definition specify a new ASCII value in place of the UTF one
rather than a dot pattern? It might make it simpler since some of the higher
UTF characters are actually just different ways of representing common
characters, dollar sign and open double quote for example.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind
KCreasy@xxxxxxx