[braille-sense] Re: Problem in V7

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:12:25 +0100

Hi Mike and Everyone

I have a Braille Sense QWERTY and I have just tried using dots 4-5-6 in a .brl
file and, although when typing the voice says 4-5-6 is an underscore, when I
put
H it says Had and M says Many.

If you are writing in a .brl you can use S D F and J K L as braille keys.

I am not sure if this is a fair test as presumably you are using a Braille
keyboard, but as I have encountered some problems with Version 7, I thought I
would try
and see.

I would be interested to know if anyone using the Braille Sense Plus with the
Braille keyboard has found any problems when reading files with very long lines
in
contracted braille. I have found with the QWERTY version 7 that some words or
parts of words get missed near the end of the line. I have found the words are
not missed out if I read in uncontracted or computer braille. I have sent a
detailed e-mail to Sight and Sound with examples, which they have passed on to
HIMS.

Pele West