[bookshare-discuss] Re: wish list request for re-scans

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 03:53:25 -0400

Hi Melissa. Aren't the fair quality books frustrating sometimes? Luckily,
there is a better way to get some help here. If you go to the Bookshare site
and search for these two books, you can file quality reports on them. That
will let Bookshare know that these books need to be worked on. Press enter
on the book's title to go to the page with info about the book. Then choose
the link that talks about report quality. That will take you to a short form
where you can tell Bookshare about the book. Since they are educational in
nature, Bookshare may be able to rescan them for you. These two books are
harder for volunteers to get from a local library both because they are
older books and because they are about a sort of obscure topic. Bookshare
may be better positioned to handle them for you. I agree that they need a
rescan, and staff and volunteers have been steadily working through the fair
books to replace them. Knowing that someone wants to read these will make
them more of a priority. It's easier for volunteers to work on replacing
fiction and bestselling nonfiction because they're easy to get either used
or from a library. Nonfiction books like the ones you've mentioned are
harder for volunteers to get, and Bookshare staff would have better luck
with replacing these and other things like textbooks. I hope this makes
sense. If not, please ask me to explain better. My cold medicine makes me
feel like a dingbat right now. (smile)

Monica Willyard

  _____