[bookshare-discuss] Re: wish list again, Grace Livingston Hill

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:44:35 -0500

Hey, it's Grace Livingston Hill, and Isabella Mcdonald Allen is an author who wrote many, many years ago in the 1800s, so you might not find her on Amazon. Sorry for any inconvenience. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>

From: Jamie Prater <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] wish list again, Grace Livingston Hill
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hi, all, I have been looking at the site a lot lately and
have found that yes, fortunately, there are about 10 books
by Grace Livingston Hill, a Christian fiction writer who has
had books in circulation for many years.  I have seen a list
of her books and do not know for sure if I still have a copy
of that list but I was on a an email book list about her,
and there was a list of her books.  I say this because there
are about 100 or more titles of her books around and
although I have read a number of them on tape from other
libraries and a few braille books, unfortunately, the tape
quality on some was not that great as the tapes were used
more and more, and I can recommend a very few books that it
appears bookshare does not yet have.

The enchanted barn, Daphne Dean, Maris, and right now, I
can't think of anymore, but most of what bookshare has,
I've not read yet except one, maybe two, so I can look
forward to around eight of her titles to download while
waiting for more.  Grace Livingston's aunt, Isabela
Mcdonald Allen--at least I think this is her name wrote
several books, one of which is Ester Reed's awakening,
and Ester Reed yet speaks, and I do not remember the other
names.  Keep up the fantastic work, all you scanners,
validators, proofers, and others who take part.  Your work
is not in vain and is appreciated more than you know and
more than we bookworms can express.  Have a blessed day.