[bookshare-discuss] Re: why is there a limit?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:12:51 -0600

Bob, you can contact Rob Turner and he'll bump your monthly limit up to 300 books.

As to why there is a limit, I'm mystified myself... grin.

I like to download non-fiction books that I use for reference, like programming manuals, when they are added to the collection so that I don't forget about them or have to track what they were and get them a few titles at a time. It's easy for me to whack into the 100 book per month limit when Bookshare adds a chunk of updated PQ books from O'Reilly all at once.

Judy s.

Bob W wrote:
I have been reading books from bookshare for over three years and have not encountered the 100 book limit per month until now. My question is: why is there a limit at all? We aren't taking anything away from bookshare, the books are copied not lent. Guess I'll have to read some of those books I downloaded but did not want to read at that time. Bob