[bookshare-discuss] Re: where are these papers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

> Google, when validating books, to try to prepare
> better long and short
> synopses if the book itself is lacking in this
> regard.

Good idea, Mike.  The first book I validated, I didn't
think (stupid me) of getting the book itself from the
library. It was a biography or Aaron Copland, and
though I knew many of the musician's and composers'
names, there were many I didn't kow, so I kept going
to google to find them and check that the spelling was
correct. Toward the end of the book it dawned on me
that looking at the book itself would be much quicker.

But for finding good synopses when the book flaps and
our brains don't help, I've discovered another source.
Some libraries, at least the San Diego Public Library
(sannet.gov/public-library)and now the Los Angeles
Public Library (lapl.org) are putting book reviews as
well as synopses on their online catalog. I think
they're there for the newer books. I have found them
helpful, not only in helping me with the synopsis but
in deciding if I ant to read a particular book.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail