[bookshare-discuss] ot rfbd cd player and daisy files

  • From: "Comcast Mail" <sefzik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:13:39 -0600

Hi,
I borrowed a rfbd scholar cd player from my disability services office to
listen to my Biology textbook on cod. I was happy to find that rfbd actually
had the correct title and edition of the text on cd! I'm not a big fan of
reading books on tape and would much rather read in braille if given the
choice. I do think that having the book on  cd will make it easier to find
specific page numbers. The player looked fairly easy to operate and in the
manual it said that it could play three cod formats-- regular music cds, mp3
files, and daisy files. Does that mean that it could play daisy files from
bookshare? I have never downloaded or used a daisy file and know nothing about
them since I just download and read the brf files on my braille note. Does
anyone know if daisy files from bookshare can be played on rfbd's cd players?
Thanks, Mary