[bookshare-discuss] nonfiction book club tomorrow

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:24:27 -0400

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that the nonfiction book club will be meeting tomorrow night, March 29 at 9:00 PM Eastern, 8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, and 6:00 PM Pacific. The book is Planet India: How the Fastest-Growing Democracy Is Transforming America and the World by Mira Kamdar.

The meeting is taking place in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

We will also be discussing other issues. The attendance for this book club has been low in recent months, and I am thinking of going in another direction.

Here are the possibilities:

A classics book club: This would be to discuss all those oldies but goodies, the books that we may have read many years ago and may want to read again. They may be books that we have heard about for years but never got around to reading.

Another possibility is for a New York Times bestseller book club. Bookshare gives us access to the latest book on this collection of lists. A place to discuss some of them might be a good thing.