[bookshare-discuss] Re: newspapers

  • From: Rick Roderick <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:27:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Terry,

Here is my understanding, though this is only my own understanding of things.

Since the newspapers supply the files, a separate agreement is worked out with NFB with each news organization. That is why the contents and availability is quite variable. For example, the Nashville Tennesseean is on Newsline and not on Bookshare. The Louisville Courier-Journal is on both, but the issue only includes local news stories with a very few exceptations. The New York Times is complete, except for very visual content, such as the comics and crossword puzzles.

Rick Roderick, Louisville, KY
richard@xxxxxxxxx