[bookshare-discuss] Re: new DAISY and the Stream

  • From: "Rusty HIlliard" <rustyandlaney@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:37:47 -0500

Ann,
Thanks so much for your help. I have been on vacation, and this is the first I have heard of this issue. Thanks so much. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:22 AM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: new DAISY and the Stream

Hi all,

Rusty, you must have been on vacation. The problem you are experiencing is well known, has been discussed at length all day today. <smiling> The basic bottom line is that Humanware needs to get its act together and make a patch or an upgrade for the Stream. Until then, put the XML file in the VRtext folder, and it should play fine.

This is not a Benetech problem. They notified all the vendors of their upcoming change-over. this is a Humanware problem, and Humanware needs to fix it.

"Hoy, hoy, ou embliere hrair!" Excuse me for quoting Richard Adams, and in Lapin to boot, but it seems the only response that is acceptable on a public list. If you contact me privately, I may burn up the wires between us, so best not to do that.

Ann P.