[bookshare-discuss] missing copyright dates?

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare list <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:52:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I might have thought of a better subject line, but this does sum up the question. I am not a full bookshare member, so when I look over there it is for items that I can actually take down. I found myself in a unique situation seeking a book by Charles Dickens. There are two published edition of Dombey and son, one in 1847, and another which is longer closer to Dickens death. I already have the second, but needed the first. So over to bookshare I went, I found the book indeed, but whomever provided it skipped this critical information and to the best of my knowledge either of the notes from Dickens that would tell me which edition it is. what to do? Is there anywhere that would have this information, and given it is somewhat important to know in general, why is it missing?
Thanks, ask more if I am not being clear.
Karen