[bookshare-discuss] Re: last chance, please help me move free books to submittors!

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:08:13 -0400

Dear Karen,

I just discovered your message this morning. I'm delighted you are interested in scanning some of the books on the list! There are absolutely no conditions, time limits or returns! When I wrap your books they become yours. You scan them as soon as possible, but I won't be checking up on you. If you don't scan them, which has happened with a few people to whom I've sent books, I don't say a word and honestly probably won't notice since I mail out so many books. I send the books in hopes they'll get in the collection, but there are absolutely no strings attached. Scan in your own time, put the scan on step one with a hold for anyone you like, or just with the title as usual, and be pleased with yourself for helping Bookshare. It's my pleasure to send books you might enjoy scanning. I get them from library book sales at low cost, from fifty cents to a dollar each and mailing them free to submittors is one of the ways I like to help Bookshare. Besides, I know how hard transportation is because I'm a braille reader myself. I hope that my mailing books to people might help those who don't have easy access to print libraries or who would love to have books without worrying about them becoming overdue.

One more thing. Validating is what I like to do best. I have scanned about 10 books and from my experience, scanning is hard. I admire people who scan and think highly of people like you who scan for Bookshare. I like helping them in any way possible.

A Booksharian told me the Eric Clapton book is already in the collection so I took it off the list.

I'll be sending you the following books you requested. which is 5 of the 6 books you wanted.
Death al Dente
Au831 The Body in Cadiz Bay: A Superintendant Bernal novel by David Serafin
The Worm Tunnel: A Finnegan Zwake Mystery, by Michael Dahl
A Case of Curiosities, by Allen Kurzweil
Au838. Joel and the Great Merlini by Eloise Jarvis McGraw

I do need something from you, your adress!!!

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Harshfield" <karenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Is there a time limit in which you want the books scanned?

I would take any of these:
Crossroads: bio of Eric Clapton
Au85. Death Al Dente: A Gourmet Detective Mystery by Peter King
Au831 The Body in Cadiz Bay: A Superintendant Bernal novel by David Serafin
Au838. Joel and the Great Merlini by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
The Worm Tunnel: A Finnegan Zwake Mystery, by Michael Dahl
A Case of Curiosities, by Allen Kurzweil

These are just the ones I'm personally interested in: Mysteries, young teen fiction (I have an 8 and a 12 year old -- I try to read some of what they read). If there are any of these or others that are really, really wanted to be scanned, let me know. I keep an eye on the wish list, and I scan, given time and energy!

- Karen