[bookshare-discuss] Re: "isms"

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 01:18:45 -0400

LOL...I like the second one!
----- Original Message ----- From: "A. J. Nolte" <a.j.nolte@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 1:16 AM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: "isms"

Serious answer: things which blind people do which may appear odd or abnormal to sighted people.

From: Rick Roderick <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: My turn for recommendations
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 15, 2008, 8:25 PM
Nicole,

Nicole,

I have been wrestling with the issue of blind culture and
have not
completely figured this one it.  My only conclusion is,
"It depends on how
you define culture."

However, one thing baffles me.  If racism and sexism are
types of
discrimination, why are blindisms bad habits?

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
Subject line.  To get a list of available commands, put the