[bookshare-discuss] Re: expanding the l;ibrary, Shelly-style

  • From: "Liz Halperin" <lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:11:07 -0700

Hi Shelley. I'll vote on the astronomy categroy. I won't read it myself,
but a deaf-blihd frined in ihis 60s is now getting internet access. I
told him about Bookshare and he asked about astronomy bbooks. He is
disappointed with the NLS offereings which are quite old. So I checked
the bookshare collection and came up almost empty. He's decided against
joining for now, but might later. Anyway, I know if there were current
astronomy books on the site he would be joining quickly. He also asked
about a book he read about in the NY Tiems Book Review, "1,000 Strokes
of the Hairbrush Before Bedtime" or something like that.
Liz in Seattle

Liz Halperin
Seattle, WA
lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx