[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: O_T Liz H.'s Dog

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:24:34 -0500

Hi all,

No, no, no, tell Liz *not* to rename her dog. Her name is right, very right! I thought I remembered something and went looking on the web. Here's what I found. Oh, this is so apropos, especially today. No, no, no, tell her *not* to change it!

Definitions of Aziza on the Web:

The Aziza are a beneficent fairy race from Africa, specifically Dahomey. Living in the forest, they provide good magic for hunters. ...

Wasn't it Roots that started out with the Dahomey people? She needs Aziza, this name is so, very right! Don't change it!

<smiling> Of course Liz is free to do whatever she wants about her dog's name. However, hoping she doesn't pronounce it azizza It's azeeza. If it were me, I wouldn't change it, but then, I'm just whacky enough to have a dog, if I were a dog person, named Aziza.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring