[bookshare-discuss] cr/lf's

  • From: Rick Roderick <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:25:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

Previously, I have discussed the problem with many Bookshare books in
which new lines are represented by CTRL-J only, not a CTRl-L CTRL-J pair.

I have found a workaround.  I use the ED editor that came with WordPerfect
6 for DOS.  I have used this for some time to take out that fron material
before loading it into a notetaker.  I also use it to get the Sunday New
York Times to a manageable size.  Taking out sections doesn't seem to
effect this, but if I do a search and replace of anything, the problem is
sovled.  Carriage returns and linefeeds appear as they should when I get
the file into my M40.  I don't know if this would work in Wordpad or not.

Rick Roderick,
Louisville, KY
richard@xxxxxxxxx