[bookshare-discuss] conventions for writing books of the Bible

  • From: Debra Hernstrom <dhh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss-freelists.org" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 06:22:09 -0500

Hello,

I am validating "What Paul Meant" by Gary Wills. I've always seen abbreviations for the books of the Bible written for instance for Romans, as Rom. rather than Rom without the period. There seems to be no period in the abbriviations in this book. Is this a new convention for writing them? Or, is this a scanno, in that the period is missing because of the scan? Somebody who has studied theology let me know. Or, if the person who scanned the book is on the list, please let me know about this.

Thanks.

Debra Hernstrom