[bookshare-discuss] Re: bard question

  • From: "Alan Lemly" <walemly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:51:11 -0500

Traci, you can download NLS digital books to a flash drive, plug the drive
into the NLS player's side USB port or the port where the cartridge plugs
in, and play the books on the player. The player has no TTS voice capability
so it cannot play Bookshare books. Certain flash drive brands work better
with the NLS players than others. You should avoid those containing file
management software or encryption software and also avoid those that have
status lights that draw more than a small amount of power. You might
consider joining the bardtalk email list which you can do by sending a blank
email to bardtalk-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Alternatively, you might want
to check out the FAQs at the bardtalk website at the below link:

http://www.bardtalk.com/faq.php

Alan Lemly