[bookshare-discuss] Re: annotations

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:20:26 -0500

Even when there is no annotation, the labels, Brief Synopsis and Long Synopsis, are still there. If there's nothing in them, they'll just say N.A. or something like that. I use Window Eyes and I can find them with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. With both JAWS and Window Eyes, you can use their Find commands and search for any word or words on a web page. So if your book is listed, and you can't find the annotations, you can always use the Find command to search for the word Synopsis, and you'll land on the Brief Synopsis because that's the first one. To be sure not to miss it, start at the top of the page and do the search from there. I use my Window Eyes Find command all the time on Amazon's bloated pages to search for book descriptions, editorial reviews, reviews from customers, and other stuff. If I used my arrow keys, my fingers would become inoperative from some repetetive stress injury or other in pretty short order.

Evan

-----Original Message----- From: lana
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:51 PM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: annotations

Which site are you using was,             I have never had problems finding
notations. There were those few PQ books that didn't have one, but they had
enough to tell one that there wasn't going to be anything. I go to
bookshare.org, then to browse or my bookshare and then browse, and usually
I'm right on new books. Everything is there. Is it the difference between
windoweyes and jaws or between IE and firefox? That can make a difference.
At one time I had problems navagating audible on firefox, but that has
cleared up.  It's a hastle getting them on iPhone. The stream has a really
easy way to get the annotations. Of course tomorrow, I could find myself in
the same situation. It's happened before, so I don't want to be criticle,
but I don't think the problem is with bookshare.

-----Original Message----- From: Rosemarie Grayley
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:52 AM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to find the annotation below the title on the old site, most
convenient. However, at least with the way my machine is configured, I must
enter on the title to see it if it is there at all now. Why some annotations
pop up instantly upon entering on a title is quite enough of a conundrum for
me.

Interesting how different programs handle these details. I'm not computer
savvy enough to experiment, so work with what I have.

Rosemarie