[bookshare-discuss] Re: a fun topic, summer chunksters

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:20:25 -0500

Hi Amber,
I just read a book called the Far Pavilions by M. M. K. It's about a British
guy who was raised in India by former servants of his deceased parents. The
book is over 2100 pages in braille, and I found the history of British
imperialism, Indian traditions, and Afghanistan interesting. I didn't care for
the ending of the book because it made me think the author just got tired of
writing, but there was enough interesting and informative in the book to make
it worth reading anyway.
Kellie