[bookshare-discuss] Web Site of Interest: http://www.goodreads.com

  • From: "Kelly Ford" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:01:23 -0700

Hi All,

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned here before and folks find it on topic
for the forum.  I thought the web site of http://www.goodreads.com might be
of interest to Bookshare users.

It is basically a social networking site for book readers.  You are able to
build a catalog of books you've read, rate and review said books, and share
your book lists with friends.  The power of Goodreads comes in part from
this ability to share your book reviews and ratings with friends as they can
do the same with you.  In this way you can quickly learn about other books
you may want to read and such.

I've used the site successfully with JAWS, Window-Eyes and System Access.
Book lists tend to get a lot of links, so organizing by bookshelf is
recommended from my experience.

I've also found the site owner responsive to addressing accessibility issues
when I've raised them.  Anyway, I thought I'd share it here for those who
enjoy books.

Thanks,

Kelly