[bookshare-discuss] Re: Upload Question

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:47:00 -0700

Hi, Ed. Maybe what you can do, instead of sending the files in Arkenstone
format, is to try to convert the books to RTF format. That way, anyone who
can open an RTF file can validate these books. Otherwise, your books are
going to have to sit there until someone who has Arkenstone takes the books,
and if they're really that large, that might intimidate some people. I know
a 50-meg book would intimidate me! Are images being kept? I don't know a
thing about Arkenstone...I have Kurzweil, but I just can't imagine a book
being that large, but it sounds like these books might be textbooks or some
sort of reference books, so that would explain it. Anyway, RTF files will be
considerably smaller, and once zipped, even smaller still, so they should
upload without a hitch. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise. --Unknown
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his
tongue. --Anonymous