[bookshare-discuss] Re: UggRE: Reminder: Romance book club meeting now

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:36:50 -0700

Hi Nati,

The way that you talk is to hold down your control key, say what you have to say, then let up on the control key. The way that you know it's you're turn is that you'll hear a little blip in your headphones or speakers when your mic has engaged. You do have to have a mic plugged in to talk. If someone is talking and you want to talk, just hold your control key down and talk when the blip comes to you. Holding down your control key puts you in line to talk, like being at the check-out line at the grocery store. If you don't hold the control key down and just wait for a pause, that pause might not come, if discussion is lively.

If you don't have a mic, you can text chat. The way that you do this is to be in the room. Hit F8 this puts you in an edit field. You need not enter forms mode. Just type after hitting F8 then, once you've typed what you want to say, hit enter. To read the text chat, press F9 and use your arrow keys.

Just in case you want to see a list of folks in the room, you can hit F7 and arrow through the list.

Sorry, I know that was a lot of information.  But hope it helps.

Have fun!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 06:28 PM 4/18/2008, you wrote:

One more question. How does it work? How do you talk, and how do you know when it's your turn? How does this work?

Nati